Customizing a Kitchen That Fits Your Lifestyle in a Prefab Custom Home
When you purchase your prefab house or cottage from Royal Homes, all the details can be customized to your liking. You can design a home that’s perfect for you, reflecting your style, personality, and lifestyle to a tee.
Of course, one of the best things about building a prefab home is getting the chance to customize the heart of it: the kitchen!
As one of the most used rooms in your home, your kitchen deserves special consideration when you’re choosing your custom home’s design. Below, we’ll delve into the many customization options for your prefab Royal Home’s kitchen cabinets, countertops, flooring, plumbing fixtures, and layout!
1. Cabinet Customizations
Kitchen cabinets are one of the most important features of any kitchen. They can be used to store all sorts of things, from food and dishes to pots and pans, and play a huge role in your kitchen’s design and functionality. So, choose wisely!
At Royal Homes, your kitchen cabinet customization options are as follows:
- Wood panel cabinets evoke a feeling of warmth in your kitchen and can last for decades when they’re properly cared for.
- Thermofoil cabinets offer a more sleek, modern look and a trademark sheen finish that’ll make them pop. They also possess bolstered moisture resistance and warping resistance, even when exposed to high humidity levels.
- Painted doors offer a silky and smooth finish, and unlike lesser quality cabinets, you have the option of repainting them when you want to switch things up.
Once you’ve chosen your cabinet type, you can look at our various styles and available colours. You can even mix and match the styles of your upper and lower cabinets for a pleasing contrast. They just need to be available in the same finish and material!
And keep in mind that your cabinet needs to work in harmony with your flooring and countertops.
Pro tip: If you want more storage in your kitchen, go with a cabinet that has drawers or shelves on top as well as below. This way you can store items that you use less frequently on top while keeping those that are used more often at hand below.
2. Countertop Customizations
Just like cabinets, countertops take up a lot of real estate in your kitchen. It’s one of the first things people see when they walk in. Customizing your kitchen countertops gives you the chance to really show your style!
With that said, here are your kitchen countertop style choices for your prefab custom home:
- Laminate countertops have come a long way in recent years! Today, laminate countertops look realistic and have depth, offering a great deal of versatility. Not only are they affordable, they’re also easy to maintain.
- Corian countertops boast a near-seamless joint, are durable, and make cleaning and maintenance a breeze. They are stain, heat, and sunlight resistant. Plus, Corian countertops’ colours never fade or change from wear and tear.
- Quartz countertops have a rich, luxurious finish. Their durability rivals concrete, but they are more forgiving, meaning they won’t chip or crack easily.
- Coni marble countertops are a breeze to maintain and come in various colours suited to an array of aesthetic tastes.
Once you’ve selected one of the above countertop styles, it’s time to choose a colour and an edge or profile, which can be square, rounded, or beveled.
3. Flooring Customizations
Flooring can really tie your cabinets and countertops together, either matching or providing pleasing contrast within your kitchen. Keep durability in mind when you make your choice and ask questions about maintenance.
Royal Homes offers a wide range of flooring customization options, including:
- Hardwood flooring bolsters the aesthetic appeal of any design theme, it’s easy to maintain, and it improves the quality of air in your home.
- Vinyl flooring is waterproof, offers unique patterns and textures, and is exceptionally durable.
- Cork flooring is naturally resistant to termites, mildew, and mold. It’s available in multiple styles and colours, and it’s fire-resistant.
- Laminate flooring is easiest on the budget, and it’s seamless for installation. And the designs are almost an exact replica of hardwood.
- Ceramic floor tiles are water-resistant and can last between 10 and 20 years. They provide a modern sheen to your flooring.
You get to also choose from these flooring options for all the other rooms in your Royal Home.
4. Plumbing Fixture Customizations
Now we’re getting to the nuts and bolts of your kitchen – the plumbing fixtures.
- Kitchen sinks come in single or double-bowl styles. You can even choose from farmer-style sink options that are both on-trend and have excellent ergonomics.
- Faucets also come in different styles and finishes to choose from. Consider whether you want a single or double handle faucet, and what size your sink is so that you can find one that fits well with your space.
- Soap dispensers: Installed soap dispensers make it far easier to clean your dishes and your hands. They’re also easier to clean and don’t make much mess!
While functionality is top of mind when assessing your options for plumbing fixtures, you also want to consider the aesthetic design details. This way, they’ll mesh with your cabinets, floors, and countertops.
You’ll spend a great deal of time in your kitchen, so it’s important to choose a kitchen layout that will accommodate your lifestyle and daily routine!
Be mindful that your sink is the busiest area – but you still want to be able to get to your stove and refrigerator. And don’t neglect your countertop work areas!
Our design specialists look forward to working with you to create a custom kitchen layout that is perfect for you.
While you decide the layout of your prefab kitchen, keep accessibility top of mind if you’re aiming to support aging in place.
With all the customizations available, you’ll be spending the most important years of your life in a home that you will fall in love with again and again, every day for the rest of your life! Call us or visit a Design Centre to start planning your prefab home in Ontario today.