Tips & Articles
Customer Care Bulletin – Spring
Welcome to spring! This has been quite the winter and now spring is hopefully just around the corner.
Because of the large accumulation of snow, there will be a lot of water run off and coupled with spring rains, this situation could potentially produce adverse conditions that you will have to deal with.
Below are a few things to consider.
1. Check your sump pump is plugged in and in working order. You may consider having a second pump as a standby. If your sump pump discharge stops just outside the foundation, you should extend the pipe with another 10’-20’ of flex hose where it can drain away.
2. Once the melting starts put on your downspout extensions. It they are not at least 6’ long, you may wish to temporarily add a length of 4” Big “O” plastic pipe.
3. Ensure that your downspouts are clear of debris, ice and snow. Check underground pipes/tiles at the outlet.
4. Open any culverts or catch basins that are still covered with snow to allow water to flow freely.
5. Clear any excessive accumulation of snow off the roof.
These are just a few items you should check on to maintain and prevent problems this spring season. Attached is a checklist for your convenience.
Home Maintenance Checklist – Spring
o Clean or replace furnace filter
o Check eavestroughs & downspouts & clean if needed
o Open outside hose connection & check for leaks
Have a good spring and if you have any questions, please feel free to call our Service Department at 1-800-265-3083.
|Royal Homes Service Team|