The Royal Advantage
Specs & Building Standards
Standards of Excellence
Home & Foundation Specification Guidelines
A durable home needs strong bones which is why we insist on building the foundation ourselves and only using top quality construction materials that we know will stand the test of time.
Walls, Ceilings and Roof
- Exterior walls – 2″x6″ kiln dried studs at 16″centres.
- Interior walls – 2″x4″ kiln dried studs at 16″ centres.
- 1/2″ plywood sheathing on roof.
- Premium roof shingles with limited lifetime warranty.
- Wood exterior wall sheathing.
- Drywalled interior screwed (not nailed) & completely finished.
- Smooth or California ceilings throughout.
- Roof trusses/rafters engineered to meet snow loads in your region.
- Solid lumber in first floor systems.
- Choice of carpet in living room and bedrooms.
- Superior high density pad under carpet.
- Choice of vinyl flooring in kitchen, dinette, dining room, foyer, bathroom, laundry.
- Optional premium hardwood, ceramic tile and laminate.
- We use Open Web Joists on all our 2nd floor systems.
- To 2nd floor – closed stained oak stringers with carpeted treads, risers & oak handrail.
- To basement – closed stringers, unfinished basement grade wood stairs.
- Choice of custom wood or thermofoil flat panel cabinet doors.
- Choice of laminate countertop.
- Range hood fan with charcoal filter and light.
- Double compartment stainless steel sink with single lever, washerless faucet.
- Standard soft close door & drawers.
- Designer bathroom accessories and fixtures.
- One-piece acrylic tub and shower enclosure with cap & pot light.
- Single handle, washerless faucets.
- Choice of custom wood and thermofoil flat panel vanity cabinetry.
- Exhaust ventilation through Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV).
- Choice of laminate countertop.
- Choice of mirror or medicine cabinet.
- Insulated bathroom walls.
- Water supply lines, ABS drain piping.
- Optional on site basement plumbing.
- On site connection to your pressurized water line.
- 200-amp breaker style panel. Copper wiring.
- Heavy duty dryer & stove receptacles.
- Designer overhead light fixtures.
- General electrical hook-up & permit.
- Basement lights.
- Individual smoke/co2 detectors installed on each level including basement.
- Designer soffit pot or exterior lights and weatherproof exterior receptacles.
- Telephone and television outlets.
- Designer light switches & receptacles. Door chime.
- Smoke alarm in each bedroom.
- Interior LED light bulbs.
Doors and Windows
- Painted steel clad, insulated entry doors with deadbolt locks.
- Thermal sealed Low E & Argon filled glass patio doors.
- Thermal sealed Low E & Argon filled, easy-clean vinyl windows – awning, double hung or casement style.
- Raised panel interior doors & sliding by-pass closet doors painted white.
Trim and Paint
- Deluxe oversize white painted baseboard, door frames and window casings.
- Choice of MDF trim from our standard section.
- All interior walls painted from standard colors, optional designer colours available.
- Designer finish interior & exterior door hardware including knobs & locksets.
- Standard & brushed stainless lever handles or knobs.
- Privacy locksets for all bathrooms.
- R60 in ceilings
- R29 in exterior walls. (R7.5 continuous with R22 Batt.)
- R20 Full height insulation in basement. (R6 continuous with R14 Batt)
Energy Sealing and Heating
- Complete exterior house wrap
- Unique airlock covering for electrical outlets and light fixture boxes
- Closed cell sill plate gasket between home and foundation
- Window frames foam sealed in place
- Seals on all exterior doors
- Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) including ductwork and timers in bathrooms and kitchen
- Full ductwork and gas or propane furnace
- Optional upgrades include a heat pump or air conditioner, forced air oil, electric or ground source heating system
- Optional Energuide Rating or R2000 package
Soffits & Fascia
- Pre-finished aluminum soffits and fascia
- Seamless aluminum eavestrough and downspouts
- Foundation excavation.
- 4″ (min.) drainage stone under floor.
- 4″ perimeter drainage tile covered with 6″ of crushed stone.
- Perimeter walls are poured concrete.
- Foundation walls are damp proofed & drainage membrane is installed.
- Foundation backfilled to rough grade with subsoil from excavation.
- 3″ (minimum) thick poured concrete floor.
- Supply and installation of a sump well and lid.
- Thermal sealed sliding Low E windows with screens.
- Sill plate and gasket supplied and installed.
- Control joints are placed in basement floor and walls.
- R20 basement insulation with 2″x4″ wood studs at 24″ centres.
- Optional full basement finishing.
- Choose from Royal Homes plans or customize with your own ideas & lifestyle needs.
- Complete set of custom plans provided for obtaining building permit
- Additional site services are available
In addition, products and services included with your home may be covered by warranties directly from suppliers.
Upgrade and Options
In addition to these Standard Guidelines, there are many upgrade options available which can be seen at our Design Centres and our Website.
These Guidelines are subject to change without notice and do not form part of the Sales Agreement. All dimensions are nominal and may vary from the actual sizes.
10 year structural warranty
Full 7 year structural Tarion Warranty on your complete Royal Home, which is extended 3 years by Royal Homes to provide a full 10 year structural warranty.
Five (5) year “no leak” foundation warranty